A weekend of map, adventure planning and navigation skills to help build your confidence and competence in the outdoors. We start from the beginning and will build you up to have a super foundation to run, plan and be part of great adventures.
By the end of the weekend you will be able to -
- Identify the right map for your adventure
- Understand map symbols and features
- Orientate the map using the ground around and a compass
- Recognise the ground around using features and contours
- Understand timing and pacing
- Take bearings to give you a direction of travel
- Plan adventures and break them in to smaller legs
- Understand safety procedures relevant to your environment
- Look at kit needed for safe and fun adventures
- Be able to ask questions and chat about future learning
You will be given a leaflet to take away with supporting information from the learning.
PLEASE NOTE: Cost excludes accommodation and travel. Local accommodation costs vary from from £6 - £60 per night.
We will be based in the Llanberis area of north Wales and the location of training will depend on weather. The nearest major train station is Bangor and taxis will be available with the journey time to Llanberis being around 15 minutes.
Minimum number of 4 people for this course to run. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive further details about kit requirements and around one month before your course date, you will receive meeting time details, a reminder of learning expectations and any other relevant information.
Show your loved ones, or even yourself, how much you care when it comes to giving a gift. The gift of adventure is one of the greatest gifts you can give.