A one day immersion in all things maps and navigation. During this amazing day, we will look at the fundamentals needed to become a great navigator.
These include, but are not limited to -
- Maps, scales, symbols, features
- Looking at the terrain around and relating it to the map
- Timing, distances and working out a route/day outdoors
- Using a compass with the map
- Get outside and use the map and compass
- Emergency procedures
- Planning for adventures
- Bringing it all together
PLEASE NOTE: Cost excludes accommodation and travel. Local accommodation costs vary from from £6 - £60 per night.
We will be based in the Llanberis area of north Wales and the location of training will depend on weather. The nearest major train station is Bangor and taxis will be available with the journey time to Llanberis being around 15 minutes.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive further details about kit requirements and around two weeks before your course date, you will receive meeting time details and any other relevant information.